Thursday, December 15, 2011

10 points for you if you answer please! Question about an abscess on my nose -- staph infection?

Long story short: I was on an extremely high dose of 3 different steroids about 20 days ago. Since then I've had hormonal problems to say the least, one of which is mild acne. I had a bump on the side of my nose, which I thought was a pimple, so I squeezed it. A small amount of pus did come out, but the next morning (and each sucessive morning thereafter) it has been worse, more swollen, and extremely sore. It feels hard (a lump the size of a pea), and then "squishy"/fluidy for about a 1 inch diameter around it. It's red and extremely sore. Also, that side of my nose is stuffy and I have an awful headache, as well as a low fever and a sore throat. This morning, I also started to get white discharge from the eye on that side! That being said, I get CHRONIC sinus infections and I don't know if all these symptoms are just coinciding with a weird pimply-thing. Does it sound like staph? I'm going to the doctors later today but it's really painful and I'd appreciate any help! THANKS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment